Friday, June 22, 2007

Airplanes: Chuperosa Part 7

The right wing panel is almost complete. The steel straight edges provide a nice emphasis on the wing's taper, which isn't too visible in the previous post. I'm starting to plan the color scheme- there are so many options these days. I need to do some research though before I venture back into the world of plastic coverings, considering it's been over a decade. If any of you brilliant readers out there know of any web resources that discuss covering techniques, please let the rest of us know about in the comments.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

..some years ago I made a dolphin by keil kraft kit up for two far off cousins in africa the problem was posting it so I made a blimp covered in nett curtaining it was very strong and let down the actual kit project which was found structurally weak due to some of the balsa grades

great project :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarchi/
502286345/in/set-827229/

Matthew said...

The picture of your cousins' glider reminds me of a similar plane I had as a child. It was a profile balsa Cessna with color details- it flew pretty well for being so heavy. I didn't see any pictures of that blimp- Whenever I go to a sporting event, I'm always jealous of the guy who gets to fly the RC blimp for the crowd! Thanks for the encouragement Sarchi.

N.