Sunday, December 15, 2013

Robots: Micro-Masetro Hexapod

I recently completed the Pololu Maestro hexapod design.  They did a great job with the build guide, bill of materials and the overall robot's design.  It's simple yet fairly high performing for its specs and total cost to build.  I built in a few performance upgrades including using stiff steel music wire for the legs instead of paper clips.  I bound the wire to the servo horns with poly thread and CA glue- it makes a very strong bond.  I mounted the IR sensors up a little higher using a triangular chunk of styrofoam.  I highly recommend this project if you're looking for a budget minded fun building "scratch built" style bot.  More details on the Pololu project page.  

Monday, May 6, 2013

End Table

Here's a table I made.  It proves that I exist.